Choosing a career is not a serious affair until your child reaches 10th grade or 12th grade. However, when they do reach such grades, it is important for your child to decide on a career goal. Selecting the right career option, identifying the potential industry and deciding the right education pathway are all vital for your child’s future. Unfortunately, many children are unable to discover their potentials and interests at this stage and so the pressure starts building.
In this scenario, seeking qualified assistance from a career guidance advisor would be useful for your child in discovering their potential and selecting the right path. Career advisors usually use three factors – aptitude, interest, and personality, in deciding the right career path for a student. With an increase in the number of opportunities in the labor market, the importance of career advising has also increased. People have also begun to realize that not everyone can become engineers or doctors and have started exploring other careers depending on their talent and interest in alternate domains. Career guidance would help your child navigate these education and career choices.
Benefits of career guidance
Approaching career guidance is essential when your child is not sure about a suitable career option. Selecting a career option determines your child’s course of life. While a good decision at the right point of time can make their life pleasant, a wrong one can ruin it. In case of a dilemma, it is better to take professional career guidance.
- With the help of career guidance, you will be able to make your child’s educational and training investments wisely.
- Career guidance will provide child an in-depth understanding of the educational requirements, training, and certifications, schools, universities, and wages related to the chosen career
- Through career guidance, your child will be equipped with the right information to pursue the suggested career and be in a position to get an edge over others.
- Career guidance experts are better positioned to explain the current options, developments in the field and the upcoming changes that would positively or negatively affect the candidate who is going to pursue that career option.
- Career guidance would provide your child a better framework to proactively plan for their future career and set short, medium and long term career goals and objectives
- With the career guidance, your child can avoid spending unnecessary time, effort and money in careers that he/she is not interested in or find difficult to pursue in their life
- Career guidance can help immensely in deciding on the career path and lead your child to have a successful career and personal life